BlogGreen Card

USCIS launches safer travel document for immigrants with “green card”

The Office of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reported on the launch of a new Travel Document, which must be used by immigrants and refugees under certain conditions.

It should be remembered that this document is used by permanent residents who will make trips of more than one year, although it can also be used for those whose 

This document is a signal to the authorities that the immigrant is not leaving the country and, if not processed, could face problems with CBP officials at ports of entry. Except for the cases mentioned above, this document is not mandatory for permanent residents.

The following are two of its functions:

1. Form I-327, Re-Entry Permit to the United States

Permanent residents use the re-entry permit to travel temporarily outside the United States for more than one year and, in some cases, they can use a re-entry permit to travel instead of a passport.

2. Form I-571, Refugee Travel Document

People with refugee or asylum status use a Refugee Travel Document if they wish to leave the United States temporarily and, in some cases, instead of a passport.

USCIS advanced some of the new features of the document:

  • Redesigned brochure cover

The authority explained that some characteristics are visible at first sight, such as the central image of the Statue of Liberty; 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button